SmartLink Aircard Installation Instructions
Step 1: Installing the Aircard
- Verify the version of SmartLine controller is compatible through the Advanced menu. Only versions 3.1 and higher are compatible.
- Remove the SmartLink Aircard, accessory bag containing screws, and antenna from the box. On the outside of the box and Aircard is a label with the Aircard 19 digit ID number. You will need this to activate and register your Aircard on the SmartLink Network.
- Screw the antenna into the Aircard.
- Run the Aircard cable up through the bottom of the SmartLine controller case. You may need to widen an existing hole using a drill or punch out the area indicated
on the bottom.
- Plug the cable into the RJ-11 phone jack located inside the controller. Ensure it is plugged in completely.
- Verify all of the cables are out of the way and close the panel door, ensuring it is closed completely.
- The Aircard status LED will flash rapidly green until it cycles through the 4 status positions. This will last approximately 15-30 seconds.
- If you have not yet activated and registered your Aircard, the Aircard status LED will flash green through the first 3 status positions: Panel, Tower, and Signal. It will then flash red indicating activation is required. See Step 2 – Setting up your SmartLink Network Account to activate. You will need the 19-digit ID number.
- If you have activated the Aircard through the SmartLink Network, the Aircard status will be a solid green light once it establishes communication. If, after activation
on the SmartLink Network, the status flashes red, please contact the Help Desk.
- Complete the installation by mounting the Aircard using the screws provided in your accessory bag. The antenna should face down.
Step 2: Setting Up Your SmartLink Network Account
- Go to www.smartlinknetwork.com and click the “Login” button at the top right of the screen. There you can login to an existing account or create a new one.
- When creating a new account, please fill out all required areas marked with an asterisk (*). Note: Company Name is required. If creating a personal account, use your name in place of the company name.
Step 3: Creating a New Site
- Once logged in, you will be taken to the Sites page.
- To add a new site, select the “+ New Site” button at the top of the Site page.
- Enter the Site name and complete address.
- Select the Save button.
Step 4: Creating a New Controller
- In the selected site, select the “New Controller” button to activate your Aircard.
- Enter a name to identify the SmartLine controller to which the Aircard will be connected.
On the outside of the box and on the Aircard is a 19 digit number. This is the Aircard ID. Enter it exactly as shown and verify it is correct.
Enter location information.
- Verify the site is correct or select another site from the drop down menu.
Select the Activate button to activate the Aircard. Only select the Activate button once.
Step 5: Activating Your Subscription
- Once the Aircard is activated, you will be taken to the Subscription page.
To activate your access to your new controller, enter the 9-digit subscription plan number found on the PLAN CARD from the Aircard box or on the sticker on the FRONT of the Aircard.
- If you do not have a subscription plan, you have the option of entering credit card information to charge the subscription or using the 30-day temporary access activation. Note: If a subscription plan or credit card info is not entered prior to the expiration of the 30-day access, you will lose the ability to access the controller from SmartLink.