Quick Start: SL9600TW Controller
- Design the 2-wire path for your system. See Section 1.0 in the SmartWire 9600TW manual.
- Mark assigned zone numbers for all valves on your irrigation plan.
- Use the Auto Adjust Watering Schedule Form or the Standard Watering Schedule Form in the back of the SmartLine manual to note scheduling details for each zone.
- Turn on the power to your SL9600TW. The 2-Wire panel will perform a “power on self test” at initial power-up. The power-up test will confirm the integrity of the processor and will test the display and all LEDs to make sure they are working. A successful test will terminate with a “double –” in the display.
- Bring all of your SLDEC valve decoders to the 2-Wire panel and program them with zone numbers to match the zone locations noted on your irrigation plan. See SmartWire 9600TW manual section 6.0 for programming instructions.
- If you are using a master valve, See SmartWire 9600TW manual section 5.0 Step 2.
- Be sure to use the provided “Sharpie” pen to mark zone numbers on each decoder label at the time the decoder is programmed.
- Wire the appropriate zone numbered decoder to your valves using the zone numbers assigned on your irrigation plan. Always use SLCONN waterproof wire connectors to connect SLDEC decoders to the 2-wire path. Standard waterproof connectors like the WC-14 can be used to connect the valve to the decoder wiring.
- Install SLGDT lightning arrestors with ground rods. See Section 4.0 of your SmartWire SL9600TW manual. Use SLCONN waterproof connectors.
- Place the 2-Wire panel in the RUN mode position. If you have a GREEN LED, your wiring is correct and the system is ready to operate. If Faults appear, refer to Section 13.0 of the manual.
- Using the zone information forms from the SL9600TW manual, program the SL9600TW for either Auto Adjust or Standard Watering. Programming is identical to programming for a conventional system.
- Your SmartWire system is ready to operate.
Table of Contents