Since 1945, Weathermatic has been the recognized irrigation industry pioneer, combining full-line design and manufacturing precision with cloud based technology and exclusive managed services delivered by the industry’s most experienced experts.
Our Mission, Vision & Values
Save Water. Give Life.
- 87 wells built
- Tens of billions of gallons saved
- Over 25,000 lives saved in 90 communities
We will inspire our landscape and distribution partners to water with purpose
We will provide clean water to save lives of people in the greatest need
We will build our business as a family – teaching how to live an inspired life in accordance with our values
The 3 C’s: Guiding Principles of Our People
Character – exhibiting high moral character and integrity every day as we live out our values
Competency – possessing and continually developing the talent, skills, and ability to execute with excellence
Chemistry – performing as a supportive, proactive team player, always contributing to a positive, optimistic spirit
INTEGRITY demonstrating Godly character in all we do
GENEROSITY expanding as we grow
CREATIVITY discovering novel solutions beyond the obvious
PASSION living and working with purpose above self interest
PERSEVERANCE facing challenges as opportunities for growth
75 Years of Innovation
As we celebrate Weathermatic’s 75th year, we have many thoughts and emotions with the greatest being thankfulness – to God, to our customers, employees, and suppliers – who collectively made the Weathermatic story an enduring one through trials and triumphs, radical technology changes, economic booms and bust, the wet years and the dry. Since our foundation as Texas Lawn Sprinkler Company in 1945 by Max Snoddy, we have always been a pioneering company that has helped shape the industry and impacted thousands of lives.
Embarking on the next 75 years, we are inspired by our mission to change the way you, our industry, and property owners value our most precious resource: water. In the year 2020, we can no longer afford for water to be an afterthought or suffer from waste due to inferior technology and poor management practices. By putting water first, in design, installation, and maintenance, we partner with you to maximize water efficiency and elevate our industry to leadership in sustainable water management.
With over 600,000 SmartLine® control systems installed across 85 countries and saving billions of gallons of water, we focus on an even higher purpose: saving lives. This driving passion at Weathermatic has led us to develop the newly formed Weathermatic Foundation. Our non-profit foundation creates the opportunity for Weathermatic and our partners to dedicate our financial resources and time to saving lives through water projects in the developing world. At the time of this catalog printing, we have brought clean water to save the lives of over 25,000 people in 65 communities from El Salvador to Nicaragua to Sierra Leone.
Product CatalogWeathermatic Catalog
Today Weathermatic continues its innovative spirit with the most advanced technology available. In fact, this 2020 catalog brings forth the most new product entries in our 75 history by virtue of our investment in product development and the asset acquisition of Signature Controls whose roots go back to 1911 with brands including Nelson Turf, Bear Golf, and Thompson Irrigation. All of these advancements translate to greater conservation and superior value through increased performance and service for our customers. As we continually innovate, may we always stay true to the words of our founder Max Snoddy’s original vision statement: “Our quality is integrity: of our people, of our design, and of our manufacturing.”
As you turn the pages of the catalog, you will see how virtually every Weathermatic product contributes to savings lives through our “Products with Purpose” campaign. We are giving you, our customers, ownership of your impact by designating a specific number of gallons given for every product purchased. As Weathermatic grows, so will our giving. Together as partners and through God’s grace, we will save 125,000 lives through the gift of safe, clean water. In life, just as in business, we live and work with purpose. WATER WITH PURPOSE!
A Legacy of Firsts
- First milled MPR spray nozzle
- First electric diaphragm valve
- First commercially available companion electric controller
- First reverse flow valve – a Weathermatic hallmark
- First solid state controller – the forerunner of all current industry micro-processor technology
- First plastic body sprinkler
- First ran shutoff device
- First soil moisture sensors for irrigation
- First educational training program for irrigation
Recognition and Testing
- Irrigation Association New Product of the Year – 2004
- Irrigation Association Smart Water Application Technology
- EPA WaterSense® Labeled
- Jardin & Paysage Innovation Award Winner – 2005
- Consumer’s Digest Best Buy
- PCI Level 1 compliant for cyber security verifiable through Comodo testing of 78,239 data points and server vulnerabilities
- Marin Municipal Water District Study (SmartLine vs. HydroPoint)
- Northern Colorado Water Conservancy District Study (SmartLine vs. Plant Water Requirement)
- University of Florida Smart Controller Testing
- Texas A&M Smart Irrigation Controller Evaluation
- Hillsborough ET Controller Testing
- Regulatory Testing: FCC, UL, CE, C-Tick, PCB
Weathermatic “same day” inventory availability through trusted partners comprised of landscape irrigation distribution companies in 1,343 branches within the U.S. and located in 81 countries worldwide. Over 4,000 contractors have been trained on using and installing the SmartLink platform.
Managed Services Expertise
- 350,000 – SmartLine Smart Water Management Systems installed
- 15,000 – On-site Inspections performed by Weathermatic Field Team
- 772,581 – Alerts monitored on managed sites in 2015
- 12,000 – Annual installation capacity will all full-time field staff
- Billions of gallons in water savings achieved for Fortune 500 clients and major institutions including:
- JPMorgan Chase
- Bank of America
- Wells Fargo
- Pearl Harbor Memorial
- AT&T Stadium
- Texas A&M
- Clemson University
- 29 years – Board of Directors average industry experience:
Chaired by Malcolm Morris – also Chair of Stewart Title
Guaranty Company and founding family of Stewart Title
- 23 years – CEO, Mike Mason total industry experience
- 185 years – Weathermatic Leadership Team total industry experience
- 24 years – Weathermatic Field Installation Team average industry experience
- 22 patented inventions – financed exclusively through operating profits
- 40 clean water wells donated – gallon for gallon savings pledge to global clean water projects through Save Water | Give Life program
Staff Credentials Include:
Certified Irrigation Designers (Irrigation Association)
Certified Irrigation Contractors (Irrigation Association)
Texas Licensed Irrigation Contractors
Irrigation Industry Authors
P.E. Certified Engineers
Water with Purpose
People Need Clean Water
Over 600 million people, including hundreds of thousands in Central American, lack access to clean water and adequate sanitation. Many families in rural communities still collect water from contaminated rivers or other unprotected groundwater sources. Even with great progress, still today in the year 2020, a child dies every 60 seconds due to water borne illnesses resulting in 1 in 5 children not living to their 5th birthday.
Progress is Paramount
Weathermatic and our partners have already completed safe water projects in countries from El Salvador to Nicaragua to Sierra Leone. Together we’ve impacted schools, villages, and churches to save over 25,000 lives in 65 communities and counting in places like San Luis, San Marcos, Rio Medina, Maximino Barreto, Semilla de Esperanza – to name a few. With your participation, we can do more – much more. Let’s partner to save 125,000 lives!
Join Us Today – Purchase and Donate
You can help make a difference by purchasing Weathermatic product through the Products with Purpose campaign shown throughout the catalog, and through a tax deductible donation to this vision and goal through the Weathermatic Foundation. Your purchases and donations will go directly to funding new water projects to deliver clean water directly to those who desperately need it the most.
Become a part of something inspiring!
For general employment inquiries submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3301 W. Kingsley Rd.
Garland, TX 75041